The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or other related field.
- Five years of sourcing and contract experience with a Fortune 500 company.
- Excellent analytical skills, including:
- Experience working with large amounts of data, pulling from multiple sources.
- The ability to present findings to others in ways that are meaningful and action-oriented.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Advanced PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Self-motivation and the ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments and concurrent tasks.
- Innovation, initiative and a desire to learn new processes and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- The ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- A master's degree in a relevant field.
- Professional procurement certification.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Procurement experience in retail environments.
- Experience in companies with recognized best-in-class procurement organizations.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to provide expertise, guidance and constructive feedback to team members.
- You also will need to be willing and able to travel, although you won't travel more than a couple of times a year. You'll travel for professional development (such as to conferences) and for supplier visits.
The RoleYou will join a team that includes 15 procurement professionals divided about equally into two teams, one focusing on direct and the other on indirect sourcing. You may be assigned to either team and the assignment won't exclude the possibility of supporting either team on occasion.
In this role you will participate in the identification, evaluation, negotiation and recommendation of strategic sourcing and supply chain processes and improvement programs for assigned business segments in order to drive cost savings, improve internal operations and enhance guest experience. This will include providing analysis and recommendations to assist in the development of strategic sourcing initiatives, implementation of programs and negotiation of supplier agreements and contract administration. You will work closely with our Sourcing Analysts to perform complex data mining, high-level analysis and intensive research for incorporation into RFPs, auctions or other negotiations.
You'll invest the largest portion of your time in five key areas:
- Managing direct or indirect sourcing processes and key category spending improvement initiatives.
- Leading purchasing cost analysis and assists senior management in the development of procurement policies, procedures and strategies.
- Providing leadership and guidance to team members, negotiating contracts, managing suppliers and using solid analytical skills to reduce costs while meeting aggressive timelines.
- Acting as liaison between suppliers and internal team members, including calling and emailing suppliers as well as sharing information with internal teams in Marketing, Store Operations, Maintenance, Accounting, and others.
- Leading multi-functional project teams, involving following up on deadlines and deliverables, and ensuring projects move forward. At any given time you will be leading or contributing to three to six projects in various stages.
- Negotiate contracts and provide oversight to transactional purchasing activities with designated suppliers, purchase categories or purchasing programs.
- Utilize metrics, tools and processes to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies.
- Develop and manage the RFP process; direct multi-functional project teams.
- Identify, select, evaluate and develop suppliers based on spend analysis, market conditions,
- contract expirations, etc.; function as primary supplier manager.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to assist in the development of procurement policies and
- Support the development of purchasing standards and supplier specifications and ensure
- performance standards are achieved.
- Manage strategic sourcing engagements across all phases of the sourcing life-cycle.
- Identify and develop improvement opportunities to aggregate spending and simplify
- procurement related processes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business leaders to support
- integration of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Interact with multiple levels of management across the organization to discuss sourcing
- obstacles and provide progress updates and program performance results.
- Manage, monitor and measure performance of programs and conduct business reviews with
- suppliers; establish and maintain supplier profiles.
- Assess and validate current and future supplier capabilities.
- Lead the development and execution of corrective action with non-compliant suppliers and
- internal operating groups.
- Direct the development of “should-cost” models for various commodities and the analysis of
- supplier cost structures.
- Establish and implement negotiation strategies and contracting techniques.
- Assist senior management with the implementation of procurement strategies and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Why Bi-Lo HoldingsProfessional development -- within Procurement and throughout Bi-Lo Holdings you'll find flexible, non-hierarchical structures in which self-starters can thrive. In contrast to a lot of other companies, you won't be limited to working with one or two categories. In fact, you may have the opportunity to rotate into other positions. Your success in this role could set you up to pursue advancement within Procurement or beyond; people have moved from Procurement into Accounting/Finance, Pricing, Merchandising and other areas.
Dynamic environment -- as you might expect, there is LOTS going on as we continue to integrate BI-LO and Winn-Dixie. We're also in the process of acquiring Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's, which will increase our total store count by 165.
Autonomy and support -- we'll look to you to achieve your goals with a degree of independence, providing support when you need it and plenty of "elbow room" when you don't.
Progressive culture -- you can expect to work in an environment in which each person feels valued for individual traits, skills and talent and has the opportunity to fulfill career goals and contribute to the success of the company. We highly value diversity, driving success through being "different together." Our team is built on relationships with each other and our customers, and that is one reason we established the WE CARE fund to help fellow associates when they need it the most and rally to the needs of our local communities in the wake of natural disasters. Our signature cause, however, is eliminating childhood hunger. It's a problem we take personally, because we know our help is needed in the very neighborhoods where we live and work.
Great place to live and work -- Jacksonville offers a variety of attractive features: as one of the largest cities in the US, Jacksonville offers diverse cultural amenities, including a rich musical heritage, trendy shopping and dining, major sports events like the Gator Bowl, and much more. The city's skyline is pictured above. For more information, please visit JAXUSA Partnership, a division of JAX Chamber. Clicking on this link will open a new browser window, but be sure to come back to submit your resume!
Excellent compensation -- our associates are our partners in building the future. Our compensation and benefits programs support the goals and culture of our company and are designed to attract and retain talented people. We are committed to helping our associates take care of themselves and their families through a variety of different benefit offerings that encompasses health and wellbeing, financial security and work-life balance.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will:
- Leverage your analytical skills to deliver not just the numbers, but also the insights and implications.
- Achieve your goals independently while keeping your supervisors in the loop.
- Leverage your interpersonal and partnering skills as you work across functional lines.
- Be resourceful in solving problems.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities effectively.
- Build trusting and loyal relationships.
- Contribute to team success.
- Explain and provide feedback to others.
- Communicate with impact and candor.
- Respect individual differences.
- Earn guest loyalty.
- Adapt to change.
- Display business and functional acumen.
- Clarify and achieve results.
About Bi-Lo HoldingsBi-Lo Holdings, LLC is one of the largest traditional supermarket chains in the United States, serving customers in grocery stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the eight southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
BI-LO and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers.
Delivering a terrific shopping experience for our customers takes the combined talents of every one of our associates. Whether considering a career in our stores or one of our store support functions, you will play a key role in realizing our vision of being the neighborhood grocer people shop the most.
Together, we are a successful company surrounded by fun, diverse and hardworking colleagues who value strong relationships in a culture where associates are recognized and rewarded for results.